Sunday 7 February 2010

Thriller research

In this lesson we began work on our main thriller task. We looked at clips of the beginning of some well known thrillers. This helped me to understand a lot more about how a thriller can be presented, such as ways it can start of fast paced and let the audience be thrown straight into the story, or how a thriller can begin really slow and progress in a completely different way and then at the end turn out to be a completely different ending to what the audience would have suspected. We took notes whilst watching these and it helped a lot as I am able to look back on them when making my thriller and have a choice of different beginning and types of storylines that I can use. We have not chosen our groups yet but I am hoping to work well with the people I am with to produce good work. Towards the end of the lesson we started to watch the thriller, The Usual Suspects. This was a completely different type of thriller to what I have seen before and to what I had thought to be a typical thriller. It showed me a lot of different camera angles that I could use in the thriller I am going to make and showed me that even at the beginning a thriller can be made to seem as though it is a normal film through the use of a slow start up.

No comments:

Post a Comment