Sunday 7 February 2010

Thriller research

In this lesson we carried on watching, The Usual Suspects, from where we left of. It took up the whole lesson to watch this and helped a lot with building my knowledge of thrillers and how they are filmed. The film began very slow and made out as though it was a normal genre film rather than a fast paced, exiting thriller. It was incredibly slow, fro most of the first half of the film. However, as the storyline became clearer and the characters became known I figured out that the thriller switched from one point in the film to another helping the audience to understand that something had happened in the past and that there was a significant character that was hidden within the main characters. The ending was brilliant and made the whole film come together in more or less the last ten minutes. I liked this thriller and it has given me a lot of different ideas that I may be able to share within my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment